ForumŞeytanın Avukatı diyor ki  Yeni Konu 

The Blue Jays wrap

21 Mayıs 2019

TORONTO – The Blue Jays wrapped up a nine-game homestand with a 7-4 win over Milwaukee on Wednesday afternoon and afterward, boarded a plane for the long flight to Californias Bay Area. It will be in Oakland, on Thursday night, where the club begins a 10-game, pre-All-Star Break road trip which will be a grind, both in terms of miles logged and quality of opponents. After four with the Athletics, the Jays travel down the pacific coast for three with the Angels and then across the southern part of the continent, concluding with three against the Rays in St. Petersburg. Then comes the Midsummer Classic in Minneapolis, where general manager Alex Anthopoulos expects trade discussions will begin to heat up. “We still have a month. A lot can change,” said Anthopoulos. “We started out June 5-0 and obviously we did play well down the stretch. I think you reassess at the All-Star Break and this trip will be part of it. As long as youre in the hunt is probably an important way to look at it. Knock on wood; unless we go on a long streak where we dont win some games and our competition goes on a streak, as long as youre still within reach, then its going to be a battle.” The Blue Jays approach the break in a unique position, legitimate contenders for a playoff spot for the first time in a generation. The lineup is veteran laden, built to win now. Jose Bautista is 33 years old, turning 34 in October. Edwin Encarnacion 31 and so is Adam Lind. Yet, theres understandable hesitancy to part with pieces viewed as part of the future core, including star pitching prospect Aaron Sanchez, whos now toiling at Triple-A Buffalo. Anthopoulos wades into unfamiliar territory but he approaches this deadline no different than those previous, willing to make any trade to improve his ballclub. There are no untouchables. He wont divulge priority areas so as to not create a competitive disadvantage in trade talks. The bullpen and an additional infielder, be it a second or a third baseman (Brett Lawrie can play the other spot), should be points of emphasis. He would be willing to acquire a third baseman. “Lets say theres an all-star calibre player, a great player, there, I think wed be open to doing that,” said Anthopoulos. “That makes the team better. But I dont want to make that a story. Thats not the plan. Were not close to doing that. Were not actively pursuing that. Bretts our third baseman. Hes got the positional flexibility to play all over the place.” The starting rotation has been a pleasant surprise this season. Mark Buehrles 10 wins and 2.50 ERA have led the way. J.A. Happ, with seven more effective innings on Wednesday, has solidified himself after missing the start of the year injured and returning out of the bullpen. Drew Hutchison has run hot and cold but is a promising young pitcher. Marcus Stroman has fit in well and R.A. Dickey is logging innings even though the results have been mixed. The organization believes Sanchez, 23, has turned a corner with the Bisons after struggling for parts of this season with his command. Hes changed his arm slot slightly, staying better on top of the ball as a result. Anthopoulos didnt deny Sanchez could contribute to the Blue Jays down the stretch. “To me, if he can do it again, Im convinced that they got him right on track and hell be ready if we have a need,” said Anthopoulos. HOFFMAN AND PENTECOST SIGN The Blue Jays locked in their two first-round picks from last months amateur draft. General manager Alex Anthopoulos confirmed that Jeff Hoffman (ninth overall), a 21-year-old right-handed pitcher out of East Carolina University and Max Pentecost (11th overall), a 21-year-old catcher who attended Kennesaw State University, signed for their bonus slot. Hoffman cashes in slightly more than $3-million; Pentecost comes in just shy of $2.9-million. Hoffman underwent Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery in May. Its club policy that no pitcher appear in a competitive game until at least one year after the procedure was completed. Hoffman is in Florida, in the early stages of his rehabilitation. Pentecost is in Dunedin, getting back into baseball shape after his college season ended about a month ago. Pentecost is waiting for his passport and when it arrives, hell report to the Blue Jays short season affiliate in Vancouver. Steve Young Jersey. -- ETwaun Moore had 14 points in 30 minutes, and the Orlando Magic defeated the Detroit Pistons 87-86 on Sunday night. Terrell Owens Jersey.com) - Mike Miller scored a season-high 21 points in a rare start and the Cleveland Cavaliers bounced back from their worst loss of the season with a 95-91 win over the Brooklyn Nets. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Ronnie-lott-49ers-jersey/.That is precisely what they got Sunday.The Ravens trailed at halftime and never built a comfortable lead against lowly Jacksonville, yet did just enough to squeeze out a 20-12 win to stay in the thick of the AFC playoff race. San Francisco 49ers Jerseys. Footballs governing body said Tuesday that of the 2,577,662 tickets allocated for this years tournament, 1,041,418 have gone to people in Brazil. The U. Deion Sanders Jersey. The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B.Jason Day insists he is not worried despite dropping five shots in the last four holes of his first round at Augusta. The world No 1 headed into the par five 15th just a shot behind first round leader Jordan Spieth but a run of bogey, double bogey, bogey saw him slip back to even par for the round.Indeed, having reached the turn at five under, Day admitted that his thoughts were on going past Spieth.I was thinking at least seven or eight [under par], especially in those conditions today, he told Sky Sports. If I couldve got past him then that wouldve been great.I was just out of position on 15, 16 and 17 - even 18 I was out of position. Its difficult but it is what it is, it happens. You cant do anything about, youve just got to refocus and get into tomorrows round. Jason Day dropped five shots in his last four holes Despite the late slide, Day remained upbeat, choosing to focus on how well he had played for the first 14 holes and brushing off suggestions a poor finish would affect him in the second round.ddddddddddddTo be honest, Im not even worried about it, Ive got to deal with it now, get over it and push forward, he added.I cant dwell on it or think about it. I feel good about my game and I played great golf up until that point. Get a Sky Sports Week Pass Dont miss the Masters. Watch live on NOW TV from £6.99. No contract. Also See: Spieth: One of my best Day one leaderboard Rose: Toughest Augusta conditions WATCH: Els nightmare 10 Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '
Uyarı

Yorum yazabilmek için üye olmalı ve oturum açmalısınız.

Eğer sitemize üye değilseniz buraya tıklayarak hemen üye olabilirsiniz.

Eğer üye iseniz oturum açmak için buraya tıklayın.

Bu tartışmayı Facebook'ta paylaşabilirsiniz:
Facebook'ta paylaş